5 Reasons You should have a Food Truck at your wedding!
What's better than having great food at your wedding? Great food served out of a food truck! We're so excited to show off one of our favorite caterers new truck!
Last month we had the fantastic opportunity to join Peculiar Culinary Company at one of their first food truck stops, the Iron Furnaces in Scranton, PA. With an incredible menu, a great set up, and a bunch of friends, we had a wonderful time. They've already been all over the Wyoming Valley since then - be sure to check their schedule to see where they'll be next!
So why a food truck? We want to give you a few reasons to think outside the box of your traditional catering options! With Peculiar's A+ quality, as they support local farms and create the freshest menu items they're already out of the box. But what about bringing a food truck to your wedding or event?
- It's Affordable! Right off the bat you won't have to rent china, and flatware for a formal sit-down dinner. Instead your food truck caterer might have boxed items, disposable plates or recyclable utensils. Not to mention how it could cut your price per person costs!
- Make it personal! Did you meet in line at a food truck? Was it one of your favorite date nights? A food truck is much more than just food--it can help you tell your story. Do your friends know you get a little bit 'hangry' towards the end of the night? You'll get a lot of laughs (and compliments) when a food truck shows in just as the party is about to die down full of french fries, ice cream or your favorite treat.
- Do something different! Brides, I know you're on Pinterest looking for the latest trends. A food truck would be a great addition to your trendy wedding. Add some low-lying tables for a relaxed bohemian feel! Just having a summer party? Bring out the picnic tables and let a food truck do all the cooking.
- Keep it fresh! Support Local Business! Something Peculiar is so incredible at is creating fresh menu items from locally sourced farms. Not only will you have incredibly fresh food, but you'll be supporting local businesses in your area. What a great way to give back to your community through your wedding or event!
- They travel! Duh, right? But really. Are you planning your wedding or event at a venue that doesn't have a kitchen? A family barn? Your backyard? Generally food trucks are a kitchen on wheels. They have everything they need within reach of them! Now your venue possibilities are endless!
There you have it! Just some of our ideas of why we think food trucks are awesome (especially Peculiar Culinary's!) Want more information? Be sure to check out their website!
Big thanks to Kelley Spurlock Photography, Amanda Krieg Photography, Flourish Grace Calligraphy, Forget Me Not Vintage Rentals and most of all Peculiar Culinary for being awesome and letting all of us join in celebration of their food truck.
Wedding & Event Planner